I’m going to share my secret recipe for Lemon-Ginger Tea. It’s perfect to cure a hangover, a cold or the rainy-day blues.
What you need:
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Inch Fresh Ginger (grated or sliced)
- Honey (optional)
- Peel the lemon (2-3 big strips)
- Bring 2 cups of water and the ginger to a boil
- Once the water is boiling, but in the lemon peel and simmer for 10 minutes
- Strain the mixture into a mug
- “Tika Tika” – now this is the most important part. Mix-in 2 – 3 tsp of fresh lemon juice and stir.
- Add honey if preferred.
Why Tika Tika? A lovely Portuguese woman at the Rising Cock Hostel in Lagos. Her name is “Mama” and she made this lovely lemon detox beverage and pancakes to cure our hangovers in the morning.
Anyways, whether you’re hungover or just looking for a delicious, healthy beverage, Tika Tika with some ginger is the way to go!
P.S. Watching some Sex and the City and curling up with your kitty isn’t a bad idea either 😉