Sweet Sriracha Seeds (Roasted Spaghetti Squash Seeds)
- 1/2 cup Seeds (pumpkin, butternut, or spaghetti squash work)
- 1 tsp & 1 tsp rock salt
- 2-3 TBSP Sriracha Sauce
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1.5 TBSP Brown Sugar
- Clean the seeds
- Boil the seeds in salt water for 10 minutes (bring water to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes)
- Drain and dry off with paper-towel (don’t have to be completely dry, but just rub each seed – will take some time)
- Toss the seeds in olive oil and place on a parchment covered baking sheet (try not to have them overlap)
- Put seeds into the oven at 325F for 9 minutes. Take them out and toss around, then place back in the over for 9 more minutes.
- As seeds are baking, mix the marinade in a bowl – 1 tsp salt, Sriracha, Honey, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, 1 TBSP olive oil and brown sugar.
- Take out seeds and toss in the marinade. Decrease heat to 300F.
- Place seeds back on parchment, and back in the over. Bake at 5 minute intervals, tossing periodically. Taste the seeds too..don’t let the marinade burn.
- My seeds took about 15 more minutes.
These are so FLIPPIN’ delicious!!